Special Clean-up for Fiberglass

Fiberglass insulation has microscopically small bits of glass that are free to blow into the air. When house drafts pull it into the air you will inhale them. They cut their way through your lungs and organs like millions of tiny knives, spreading through your body, since there is no way out for them. You smell nothing and feel nothing. This makes it a very sinister poison. Your body, though, recognizes these sharp, pointed bits and tries to stop their spread by sequestering them in cysts.

Most solid malignant tumors contain fiberglass or asbestos, another glass-like particle. In nearly all cases a hole can be found in the ceiling or walls, leading to fiberglass insulated parts of the house. When these holes are sealed in an air-tight manner the house air no longer is positive for fiberglass. Covering with paneling is not sufficient. Check your dwelling for uncovered fiberglass. Repair immediately. Search for small screw holes intended for pictures, or electric outlet plates that are missing.

Also remove fiberglass jackets from water heater and fiber­glass filter from furnace. Replace with foam or carbon. Best of all, hire a crew to remove it all from your home, and replace in­sulation with blown-in shredded paper or other innocuous sub­stance.

Never build a new house using fiberglass for any purpose.

Special Clean-up for Asbestos

The biggest source of asbestos is not building materials! It is the clothes dryer belt and hair dryer! To be safe, remove the belt from your dryer and check to see if it says “Made in USA” on the belt itself. If so, it is OK. If not, it is imported, and probably contains asbestos. Exchange it for a USA belt (see Sources).

Hair dryers, too, may be imported and shed asbestos. It is especially hazardous to be aiming a stream of hot asbestos right at your face! If you can’t find a safe model (see Sources), or are unsure, don’t use any. If you have cancer or are ill, no one in the house should use an unsafe hair dryer.

Turn off radiators and electric heaters and cover them with big plastic garbage bags, or paint them, or remove them. They give off asbestos if their paint is old.

Добавить комментарий

Ваш e-mail не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *