solvents are compounds that dissolve things. Water is a useful, life giving solvent. Most other solvents dissolve fats and are life threatening, because fats form the membrane wall around each of our cells, especially our nerve cells.
The solvent that does the most harm is benzene. It goes to the thymus, ruins our immune system, and causes AIDS. The next worst solvent is propyl alcohol. It goes to the liver and causes cancer in some distant organ. Other major culprits of disease are xylene, toluene, wood alcohol, methylene chloride,
and trichloroethane (TCE). I’ll discuss each one later, with the ailment it’s associated with.
Biochemists know that a mineral in raw element form always inhibits the enzyme using that mineral. Copper from the meat and vegetables you eat is essential. Inorganic copper, like you would get from a copper bottomed kettle or copper plumbing, is carcinogenic. Unfortunately, the inorganic form of metals is what pervades our environment. We put metal jewelry on our skin, eat bread baked in metal pans, and drink water from metal plumbing.
Another obvious metallic threat is tooth fillings. Mercury amalgam fillings, despite the assurances of the American Dental Association, are not safe. And sometimes the mercury is polluted with thallium, even more toxic than mercury! Gold and silver seem to have fewer harmful effects, but no one should have any pure metal in or on their body.
other prevalent toxic metals include lead and cadmium from soldered and galvanized plumbing, nickel and chromium from dentalware and cosmetics, and aluminum from food and drink cans, and cooking pots.
Molds produce some of the most toxic substances known, called mycotoxins. one small moldy fruit or vegetable can pollute a huge batch of juice, jam or other product. Although molds are alive, and can be killed by zapping, mycotoxins are not, and must be detoxified by your liver.
But because mycotoxins are so extremely poisonous, a tiny amount can incapacitate a part of the liver for days!
Aflatoxin is the most common mycotoxin I detect. It is produced by molds that grow on quite a variety of plants. For that reason I am always cautioning people to eat only perfect citrus fruit, and never drink commercial fruit juice. Of the thousands of oranges that go into the batch of orange juice you drink, one is sure to be moldy, and that is all it takes to give your liver a setback.
A heavy dose of vitamin С helps the liver recover quickly. It also helps get rid of aflatoxin before it is consumed, right in the food container. So keep a plastic shaker of vitamin С powder handy and use it like salt on all your food.
There are thirteen other mycotoxins I have searched for in our foods. They are described in the section on moldy food (page 381).